What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Anti-V Day

For those who know me, I hate this time of year. It's not even a real holiday. Do you get the day off? Holiday pay? I think not. It's an over-hyped day that only serves to kill more trees (to make those saccharine cards) and to discriminate, ostracize and marginalize those who are not coupled up. They saturate the stores (starting on Jan. 2) with those sappy pink & red displays pushing their cheap candies and cards. The bombard the media with commercials for their pathtic, over-priced products. They ambush you at restaurants with reminders of their special dinner-for-two deals. So in honor of those who are happily (or unhappily but don't want to admit it) single, here are some products geared to that large, over-looked and ignored section of the population.


Anyone got a voodoo doll?








Ain't that the truth.












Chocolate, like shoes, is one of the few reliables that will always make you feel good.









February 14 and April 15 - two of the most dreaded days on the calendar.








And my personal favorite:

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Bravo!
I used the "kiss my single ass" image to respond to the "Happy Valentine's Day" comment I received from the girl in NY.