What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Mudbugs and More

I'm currently recouping from hosting a crawfish boil. It was my first time to cook crawfish and they didn't turn out bad. It was a good thing my nemesis wasn't there for the cooking and the initial carnage. Between the cleaning and cooking of the live critters and the eating of their cooked siblings, he probably would have run away screaming like a little girl. The beginning was quite a sight: 35 pounds of steaming crawfish dumped in the middle of the table and no less than 10 people STANDING and devouring the little bugs. YUM! The only rant I have is too many people offering their 2-cents worth in their efforts to "help". "You should do this" or "why are you doing it this way", etc. All I wanted to do was yell "stop and get out of my way"! I'm not a kitchen nazi like SOME I know, but when they keep throwing their suggestions and moving stuff around while I'm standing over 2 multi-pound, steaming pots, it's hard not to turn into a growling, bitching monster. So to those I snapped at, I offer my apologies, but y'all drove me over the edge! Oh, and FYI, when you talk about the Causeway, it's the I-45 bridge that connects the mainland to Galveston Island and not any other bridge in the area that happens to span a body of water!

No comments: