What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Friday, August 26, 2005

HUNGRY!!!!!

The current show I'm working on is Empty Plate At The Café Du Grand Boeuf and the characters spend about 50% of the show talking about FOOD! They describe these fabulous dishes at length and in great detail. This is a 7 course meal at a 5-star restaurant, not some roadside diner. Absolute torture! The descriptions get more beguiling and more embellished with each course. I have to listen to this 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. And on top of all of that, rehearsals are right through the dinner hour! So I'm starving by the time rehearsal is over, but my only options are 24-hour diner spots (IHOP, Denny's, etc.) or cheap Mexican spots. The show doesn't just make me hungry, it makes me hungry for GOOD food! I try to eat before each rehearsal, but with rush-hour traffic and construction, I barely make it to the theatre on time. No chance of me getting food beforehand. So dinner consists of colorful descriptions of these fabulous dishes. Too bad rehearsals aren't catered.

No comments: