What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Philippines - the lechon entry

I'm back in Iloilo City and we're in the midst of rainy season.

Yay.

I can't get any of my days straight anymore. Actually, the only day I can remember is Friday because:


Friday = university-wide picnic = lechon.

So I'm using lechon as my calendar benchmark. Speaking of the pigs, as soon as we hit the CPU (Central Philippine University) campus, we saw 2 cows on spits, cooked lechon-style. Nearby under a tent, about 30-40 lechon were neatly laid out, ready to be dropped off at various spots around campus. Those pigs were so yum! And let me tell you, those pigs didn't have a chance. Vultures & condors can't work as fast as a few hundred Filipinos. This one lechon was on the table being cut into and about 5-10 minutes later, I went up to get some and there was nothing but fat and bones left. That pig was picked CLEAN in under 10 minutes! Food everywhere and everyone's aunt / grandmother pushing you to the food line to make sure you ate enough.

I've got unlimited wireless at this hotel for the next 24 hours, so I'll update later tonight. In the meantime, here are some pictures for you viewing pleasure.

Rory at Boracay.


This view was about 30 steps from my front door at Boracay. Isn't it fabulous?

No comments: