What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Rita Debrief

I FINALLY made it home last night at about 9:30p. I took my time leaving Ft. Worth and stopped in Temple to visit with my friend who graciously housed my cats and I on our way up to Ft. Worth. The drive down was uneventful and completed in normal travel time.

A few of my friends stayed and hunkered down for Rita. The worst I heard was a loss of electricity for about 12 hours. A few that I know did leave. One person ran as far as Spring, TX - a 30 minute drive that he completed in...30 minutes. (Boo him!) Other drive times & locations: 22 hours to Huntsville, 12 hours to Belleville, over 50 hours from Galveston to Ft. Worth, and one spent the first night in a nudist colony. This person didn't realize it was a nudist colony until they arrived (the person who housed them left that little bit of info out). That person, hands down, had all of us beat.


Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. We go back to normal show schedule starting tomorrow. We have now extended the show yet another week, so we close on the 23rd, barring anymore fires, hurricanes or other disasters, natural or manmade. We figured the next will be the plague of locusts, or down here in Texas, a plague of roaches.

No comments: