What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hawaii, Pt. 2

Here are some pictures from Hawai'i. Yes Charlotte, I did take these myself. These are not postcards with the sunshine Photoshopped in.


Wednesday's beaches & sites




This is the Hyatt hotel & resort at Poipu. I went through the hotel to access the beach they're associated with. Since beaches are public property, they can't rope it off like a private beach.








The back of the Hyatt as seen from...




this beach.
Other sites from Wednesday:




Spouting Horn








Me amidst the plumeria at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens








The ever-present roosters that have NO biological clock! They crow literally at any time, day or night.





Thursday's beaches




Kekeha Beach - if you look closely, you'll see Ni'ihau in the background (otherwise known as The Forbidden Island).




Waimea Canyon





Russian Fort Elizabeth







Friday's beach



Polihale Beach - This was by far my favorite beach. By about 3p, it was starting to get crowded. It was me, my cousin and about 6 others. This beach is so remote that more than 2 people is a crowd.




Saturday's beaches

My 2 cousins, aunt & uncle drove up to the north shore where Hanalei Bay is located. That's the bay that was used as Bali Hai when South Pacific was filmed.











Sunday's beach

My cousins and I went to the south shore and spent the day Baby Beach. It's a protected beach (like a small bay) that's popular with families. This picture is outside the protected area.


Monday & Tuesday - no beach

Ok Charlotte, it rained
these 2 days. But it was only 2 days and we got a rainbow out of it.


Wednesday's beach

I left for Houston this day, but I had about a 6 hour layover in Honolulu, so after checking in my bags, I headed to Waikiki. By the way, this was my least favorite beach. I'll take any of the beaches on Kawai'i over Waikiki. I think it's overrated - as far as Hawaiian beaches go (which still isn't bad).


The last picture I'll leave you with is not a beach, but a picture taken from inside the Honolulu International Airport. (Really)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess it's just for me that the sun doesn't shine in Hawaii. Next time, I'll go with you and we'll see what happens...

The airport really is something. You can't tell where the outside ends and the inside begins...except when I was there it was light inside and, of course, dark outside. Susan Rogers can confirm this

Charlotte