What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Birthday & Onward To West Virginia



This past Saturday was my birthday party. A group of us tried out a new restaurant, Catalan. We were seated late (it was packed), but the manager was real apologetic (we had a 9p reservations but were seated about an hour later - it was really, really packed), so he kicked in a couple of appetizers. The food was fantastic and the place wasn't as pretentious as their sister restaurant.





Afterwards, we went to Spotlight Kareoke. Overall, it was a great birthday.






Right now, I'm in my hotel room in Memphis, TN. The previous day, I stopped in Temple for lunch with Leah and Al. After that, I headed up to Dallas to spend the night with Eddy, Rachel and Rory. We celebrated my birthday with cupcakes from Sprinkles. Originally from Hollywood, this bakery only does cupcakes. And what cupcakes! I had the Mocha, which is a dark Belgian chocolate cupcake with mocha icing. Yum!!! Nothing eventful on today's drive except that right outside of Little Rock is the Scott Hamilton Parkway. I tried to get a picture, but the sun was overexposing it.

1 comment:

Ed Tep said...

How did that Olive Garden song go? For the pasta we make, for the breadsticks we bake, we want to wish you a happy birthday! Or something like that. Happy birthday, Janel!