What I'm Up To (The Cliffnotes Version)

Monday, July 02, 2007

One Show Down, Two To Go

Q: What the definition of a coloratura soprano?
A: It's a woman who can't find her note, but as a hell of a good time looking for it.

(As told by my music director during this afternoon's rehearsal. Feel free to pass it on to your favorite soprano!)

We just closed my first show Sweet Charity yesterday afternoon and started rehearsals on my next show Funny Girl this morning. Things move at lightning speed here. I'm kind of excited, kind of sad and very exhausted. I'm excited to move on to a new show, but I'm sad the last show is closed partly because of some of the people who left at the close of Sweet Charity and partly because my deck crew just got into the groove and everything about the show was just starting to gel - on and backstage. Ah, well...it IS summer stock after all.

So now it's on to Funny Girl and it's very hard to hear the signature songs from the show without hearing Barbra Streisand's voice in your head. This should be an interesting show. We have a handful of serious divas in the cast. We'll see how this pans out.

1 comment:

Laine said...

How much longer are you there?

What do you do for fun? Did you open a WV branch of Spotlight Karaoke?